This section contains helpful career tips, articles, and resources for job seekers and employed individuals alike.
- General career guidance (Indeed.com)
- Why you’re not getting hired (American Society of Association Executives)
- 8 reasons a powerful personal brand will make you successful (Entrepreneur.com)
- 7 things you can do to build an awesome personal brand (Forbes.com)
- 4 reasons job seekers should have a personal website (U.S. News & World Report)
Certifications & e-Learning
Earning a designation that proves you have specialized knowledge in a subject matter is a way to enhance your marketability. Here are a few credentials related to the administrative and computer fields. There are other organizations that offer certification as well.
- MOS Certification: Microsoft Office Specialist (find out which certification exams are offered)
- Certified Administrative Professional (International Association of Administrative Professionals)
- Human Resources (e-learning and certification: Society for Human Resource Management)
Small Business Advice
The Small Business Administration has a comprehensive online resource library and offers e-learning for entrepreneurs through its Learning Center. Check it out!